Welcome to the First Floor!
In additon to guest services, the party room, and the gift shop, the first floor is home to Wonderland, Explore, and the Lezah Stenger EnergyExchange Lab! Learn more about them below:
Wonderland, the area dedicated to early learners, just got a new look! Wonderland reopened on May 11, 2013 with new looks, new activities, and new learning opportunities for little ones. Come check it out!
Explore this exhibit when you first get to the museum! It is housed behind guest services. You can dig for dinosaur bones, observe a wind tunnel, and see the new exhibit, The Bed of Nails!
Lezah Stenger Foundation EnergyExchange Gallery
Conduct the following experiments:
- How simple machines move things using:
- Convert energy by riding in a giant hamster wheel
- Explore how different engines use and create energy
- Visit the WaterTable
- Explore waves and water flow
- Turn the Archimedes screws to activate the water wheel
- Hand crank the water-bucket conveyor belt